The team at Devonshire Accountants is focused at providing a high level of service to its clients. Our team is made up of professionally qualified accountants and tax experts that will offer all our clients the advise they need.
Raj Rana – Managing Director
B.Com, CTA, FCCA, CAT, CPA (U), CPA (K), CPA (Australia)
Raj thrives in a team environment where his clients can achieve their business goals and he has a genuine interest in his client’s achievements. This keeps him working closely with his clients and has kept him in diversifying Devonshire Accountants functions and services.
In a long career, Raj has gathered experience, knowledge and expertise across 3 countries. From working with his father and uncle in Kenya as an Accountant, in addition to holding positions in both corporate and audit practice worlds, he gained intense and hands on experiences in these fields. He moved to UK, where he worked for over 13 years in key senior accounting positions with Timberland (Head Office) and Rugby Football Union (Twickenham). Having been offered an opportunity to come to Australia, Raj initially worked in a number of organizations including Suncorp and Netra Professional, before starting his own accounting and tax practice in Brisbane.
Connecting with people has always been his number 1 priority. He believes that value should be added to everything you do so that you can provide a unique and long-lasting relationship in business. Having 3 children provides him with a countless source of insight.
Raj is very keen in sports, cinema and travel. He is also a train & airplane model collector. From playing Hockey and Table Tennis to hobby cycling, he is now an enthusiastic gym member.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Bachelor Of Commerce (Major in Accounting)
- Member of the Certified Practising Accountants (CPA Australia)
- Fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants (ACCA -UK)
- Chartered Tax Advisor (Australia)
- Member of the Institute of Certified Accountants (Kenya)
- Member of the Institute of Certified Accountants (Uganda)
- Member of the National Tax Association of Australia
- Registered Tax Agent with the Tax Practitioners Board, Australia
- Registered ASIC Agent
- Holds current Public Practice Certificate with CPA Australia
- Holds current Public Practice Certificate with ACCA
- Holds Public Practice Certificate with CPA Kenya
Hari Rana – Practice Manager
Hari has extensive experience in Small to medium sized business She has developed skills from working with a variety of clients in 3 different countries.
Hari worked in Kenya for several accounting & audit firms including Devonshire Accountants, before moving to UK where she held multiple accounting & tax roles with Securitas in Richmond. She also continued with her education with CAT (UK), before moving to Australia, where she worked for 7 years with Suncorp Head Office in the Accounting & Tax departments.
She then decided to join Devonshire Accountants on a full-time basis. She handles the practice on a day to day basis and enjoys working with clients. She has all a number of staff that report to her, a role she enjoys.
Hari is very keen in cinema, dancing and travel. She is also actively involved in Zumba and Boxing classes.
Accreditations & Memberships
- Fellow of the International Association of Bookkeepers (UK)
- Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians (Australia)
- Working towards her CPA Australia Membership